Chocolate Key Lime Pie
I made this with a Client yesterday when I was working on a home-visit cookery afternoon. It is my standard key lime pie recipe but with a chocolate base. Made me think of lovely chocolate limes I used to have as a child. It was a big hit with the family so I do hope you enjoy it too.
Nutritional information Per Serving
2.9g net carbohydrates
Top Tip: To get the most juice out of your lime, press down roll on the table with your hands for a few minutes or place in the microwave for 10 seconds.
200g ground nuts, (I use pecan, walnut, almond, brazil, hazelnut and ground in the food processor)
2 tbsp cocoa powder
2 ripe avocados, mashed
4-5 limes, zest and juice
1 lemon zest and juice
180g cream cheese
300g extra thick double cream
1 tsp gelatine powder (mixed with 75ml water)
· Ground the nuts in a processor to give you 150g of ground nuts (any of your choice)
· Place these in a bowl and add the melted butter. Combine well.
· Place into your greased or lined flan dish. Use your fingers and press down evenly. If you can, go around the edges to form raised sides
· Once flat and even, pop into the fridge to help set.
· Place all the filling ingredients into a bowl and whisk with your food mixer until evenly combined.
· Pour onto your nut base and smooth.
· Place back into the fridge and leave to set (around 3 hours).
· You can decorate with whipped cream and slices of lime.