These coconut macaroons that are piled high with fluffy coconut and taste divine when topped with dark chocolate. This recipe is not good with stevia, so use erythritol blend, monk fruit or xylitol.
Nutritional information Per Serving
1.6g net carbohydrates
4 egg whites
120g erythritol blend, xylitol
300g desiccated coconut
100g dark chocolate, melted
· Preheat the oven to 160ºc/gas mark 3.
· Whip the egg whites until light and fluffy.
· Blend in the coconut and sweetener and combine gently.
· Line your tin with good quality baking parchment.
· Place a spoonful of the mixture onto the parchment. Continue until you use all the mixture.
· Place in the oven and cook for 10-15 minutes or until golden. Watch them carefully as you do not want them to burn.
· Remove from the oven and place on a cooling rack. Melt dark chocolate and drizzle as desired.
Once cooled, store in an airtight tin.