Indian Spiced Lamb Shanks
I know lamb shanks is traditionally in a lovely rich wine sauce, but I fancied a change one day and wanted to use up some of my curry paste and decided to mix the two together. These shanks are tender and packed with flavour.
Nutritional information Per Serving (based on serving of 4)
9.7g net carbohydrates
4 lamb shanks (approx. 1.2g)
1 red onion, finely chopped
4 tbsp curry paste (see page XXX)
1 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
1 lime, zest and juice
300ml lamb or bone stock
Small handful of fresh coriander
· Preheat your slow cooker, following your manufacturer’s instructions.
· Brown off the lamb shanks by placing in your sauté setting or placing in your sauté pan and browning on a medium heat for 2-3 minutes before transferring into your slow cooker. I don’t always bother with this as my family don’t notice any difference!
· Place the lamb shanks in your slow cooker and add all the remaining ingredients apart from the coriander.
· Cook on low for 8-10 hours until the lamb is cooked and starting to come away from the bone. 30 minutes before serving add the chopped coriander.
· Remove the lamb shanks from the slow cooker and place to one side, covered in foil to stay warm. You can then strain the sauce using a sieve. If you want to thicken it, place in a saucepan and heat until it starts to reduce/thicken. If you like a creamier sauce, you can add a few tbsp of coconut cream.
· Serve the lamb shanks topped with some of the sauce. Finish with a garnish of coriander leaves. Serve with some cauliflower rice and keto flat breads.
Taken from my new book, The Keto Slow Cooker, out November 5th 2020