This is a cross between a tray bake and a cereal bar. It is perfect for packed lunches and lovely snack with cuppa.
Recipe taken from my book, Eating To Beat Type 2 Diabetes, by Sarah Flower
Makes 15 slices
Nutritional information Per Serving
2.8g net carbohydrates
100g chopped nuts
150g ground almonds
60g very dark (at least 85%) chocolate chips
70g erythritol or xylitol
40g flaked almonds
60g butter, melted
100g almond butter
· Preheat the oven to 170c
· Place the chopped nuts, ground almonds, flaked almonds chocolate chips and sweetener in a bowl, combine well
· Melt the butter and once melted, stir in the almond butter until it is smooth and lump free.
· Pour this onto the dry mixture. Add the eggs and combine well.
· Place into your lined 22cm x 22cm tin, pushing down well to make a flat top.
· Pop in the oven for 20-25 minutes until golden and firm to touch.
· Remove and allow to cool completely before slicing into 15 slices.
· Store in an airtight tin.