Simply The Best Nut Roast
Are you entertaining this Christmas and worried about what to cook for the vegan or vegetarian in your family? Don't fret, this is a wonderful, easy to make, nut roast, low in carbs.
This is a fantastic recipe for a roast or Christmas dinner. It has always been popular with meat-eaters and vegetarians. It does really speed up the preparation process if you have a food processor. This recipe also works well with cashew nuts or mixed nuts.
Get Ahead – Can be prepared in advance
Double Up & Freeze
Nutritional Information Per Serving
8.4g net carbohydrates
2 tsp coconut oil
1 red onion, finely chopped
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
125g brazil nuts, chopped
125g cashew nuts, chopped
250g mushrooms (chopped)
25g of ground almonds
2 tsp yeast extract
1 tsp oregano
Seasoning to taste
• Preheat oven to 190c
• Fry onion and garlic in butter until translucent.
• Add onions and nuts and cook for five minutes
• Add yeast extract, oregano, followed by the ground almonds.
• Place into a lined loaf tin and press down to form a firm base
• Bake in the oven for 40 minutes.
• Can be frozen (before baking) and used when needed.