Strawberry & Rhubarb Crumble
I love rhubarb - nothing nicer than picking fresh from the garden and making this delicious dessert. Rhubarb goes well with Strawberries, I add them just before popping on the crumble topping.
Recipe taken from my book, Eating to Beat Type 2 Diabetes, by Sarah Flower
Nutritional information Per Serving
4.4g net carbohydrates
100g strawberries, quartered
75g erythritol or xylitol (or stevia/monk fruit to taste)
200g ground almonds
75g mixed nuts (processed)
40g mixed seeds
• Preheat the oven to 180ºc/gas mark 4.
• Place your rhubarb in a saucepan and add the sweetener and water. Cook gently for 5-8 minutes to help start to soften the fruit. Add the strawberries.
• Pour the fruit into your ovenproof dish.
• Place your nuts in a food processor and whizz until they resemble fine breadcrumbs.
• In a bowl, combine the ground almonds, nuts and seeds. Add the butter and rub until it forms a texture similar to breadcrumbs
• Pour this over the fruit base, making sure it is spread evenly.
• Place the crumble in the oven and cook for 20 minutes
• Serve with a dollop of cream or my homemade Keto custard